TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE TOP TRAVEL ZANZIBAR COMPETITION
- This Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organised and run by Cardova Trading (Proprietary) Limited (registration number: 2010/007686/07), including its affiliates, partners, associations and agents (“Organisers”).
- The prizes for the Competition are provided by Mango Airlines (SOC) Limited (registration number 2006/018129/30), Nokia South Africa (Proprietary) Limited (registration number: 1998/018901/07) and Luxury In Southern Africa (hereinafter collectively referred to as “the Sponsors”).
- The Competition is open for entry by all South African residents of 18 (eighteen) years and older with a valid South African identity book and valid passport, except directors, members, partners, employees, agents and consultants of the Organisers, Sponsors and their affiliated companies, suppliers of goods or services in connection with the Competition, including agencies and/or their immediate family members and business partners or associates. The Competition is not open for entry by or on behalf of a legal entity.
- By entering this Competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, which will be interpreted by the Organisers and the Organisers’ decision regarding any issue with the Competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is a Short Message System (“SMS”) based Competition. Entry will only be via SMS, all networks supported. Entry confirmation will be sent via a return SMS to all successful entrants.
- To enter this Competition, all participants are required to SMS the keyword “Travel”, the answer to the advertised question and the participant’s name to 33728.
- Entries for the Competition will be open from 1 January 2014 and will close at 15h00 (South African time) on 13 February 2014.
- Only the correct entries received by the advertised deadlines will be considered for the draw. Any late entries received will not be taken into consideration.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries. You may enter as many times as you like to increase your chances of winning.
- SMS’ will be charged at R 1.50 (One Rand and Fifty Cents) per SMS entry. By entering this Competition it will be deemed that the account payer has agreed to the charges.
- The winner of the Competition will be randomly selected by means of an automated system from the correct entries received and the selected winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Organiser, the Sponsor, the SABC and/or their agents will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the Competition or prize awards.
- The Organisers will endeavour to contact the winner once every day for 3 (three) consecutive working days after his/her name is drawn. If the winner cannot be contacted during this period, the prize will be forfeited and a different winner will be selected in accordance with the rules. After the first selected winner has forfeited the prize as contemplated herein, the Organisers will make one attempt to contact each further name drawn until a winner is confirmed.
- If random winner is drawn from a list of cellular phone numbers, the owner of the SIM card will be deemed the winner, even though the handset may have been used by another individual to enter the Competition.
The prizes for the Competition will include the following:
- 3 (three) night trip for 2 (two) persons to Zanzibar as more fully described at paragraph 15 below (“Zanzibar Trip”); and
- 1 (one) Nokia Lumia 1020 cell phone (“Nokia Prize”).
The Zanzibar Trip includes the following:
- 3 (three) nights at the Zanzibar Serena Hotel for 2 (two) persons, including the winner and a guest nominated by the winner (“Hotel Accommodation”);
- 2 (two) economy class return flights for the winner and a guest nominated by the winner on Mango Airlines between OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg, South Africa and Zanzibar International Airport (“Mango Flights”).
- Bookings with respect to the Hotel Accommodation and Mango Flights will made via a designated representative appointed by the Organisers, whose contact details shall be provided to the winner;
- The Zanzibar Trip must be booked and completed on such dates discussed and agreed with the winner within 6 (six) months from the date the winner is announced, which period excludes the Easter Holiday period;
- Should the Zanzibar Trip not be booked and completed within a period of 6 (six) months from the date of announcement of the winner, the Zanzibar Trip shall be forfeited and the Organisers, Sponsors and the SABC shall not be liable for claims due to such forfeiture.
- Hotel Accommodation is provided on a Bed & Breakfast basis;
- The prizes do not cover any other costs of the winner whatsoever, other than the costs specifically described herein.
For the sake of clarity:
- Hotel Accommodation does not include extras, such as lunch, dinner, alcohol, gratuities, laundry, speciality restaurants and excursions.
- the Prize does not include airport transfers or travel costs to and from any airport, including travel to and from OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg, South Africa, which will be for the winner’s own account;
- The Organisers reserve the right to substitute the Prize, or any portion thereof, as the case may be, for an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the prizes promoted not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
- The winner will be required to make his/her own arrangements with regards to the necessary travel insurance, visas and other travel documentation required by him/her and the accompanying person to travel to Zanzibar at his/her own cost. The Organiser, the Sponsors, the SABC and their agents accept no responsibility should the winner, and/or an accompanying person, be unable to obtain the necessary visas and/or other travel documentation to travel to Zanzibar.
- The Nokia Prize will be delivered by the Organisers to the winner’s indicated address, which must be within South Africa, within 20 (twenty) working days from the announcement of the winner.
- The prizes are not exchangeable for cash, and will not be transferable or negotiable.
The draw for the Competition prize winner will take place as follows:
- the draw will take place within 2 (two) working days of the closing date of entries for the Competition;
- the winner will be contacted via telephone on the telephone number used to send the SMS entry within 3 (three) working days of the draw taking place;
- The winner of the Competition will need to provide the following to the Organisers, within 15 (fifteen) working days of date being notified of that he/she has won the Competition, in order to receive the prize:
- positive identification, including a valid South African identity book and a valid Passport; and
- proof of ownership of the SIM card and cell phone used to enter the Competition.
- The Organisers reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that they believe, in their sole discretion, that the drawn winner has contravened any of these terms and conditions. The Organisers’ decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will accept and use the prizes at own risk. The Organiser, the Sponsors, the SABC and their agents will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this Competition or accepting or using the prize/s.
- All participants indemnify the Organisers, the Sponsors, the SABC and their associated and subsidiary companies, and their directors, officers and employees and agents against any and all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition.
- The Organiser, the Sponsors, the SABC and their agents accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible or corrupted entries. The Organiser, the Sponsors, the SABC and their agents are not liable for any costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error.
- The Organisers, the Sponsors, the SABC and their agents reserve the right to cancel, modify or amend the Competition at any time during the Competition, if deemed necessary in their opinion, on condition that it notifies the participants in a manner that is expedient according to their best ability. No participant shall have any recourse against the Organisers, the Sponsors, the SABC or their agents as a result of the cancellation of the Competition or any alterations of the terms and conditions and/or the Prize.
- Should the winner verbally or otherwise agree to it, the Organisers and Sponsors may publish the winner’s name, surname and images, including photographs, on their respective websites and social media pages without any liability to the Organisers and/or the Sponsors, and without any remuneration due to the winner.
- The terms and conditions and the rules of this Competition shall be governed by South African Law and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction with regards to any dispute arising from or related to the Competition.