Kirawira Serena Camp
A member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World
The most exclusive of the Serena Group's many safari venues, and a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World group, Kirawira Serena Camp offers the epitome of classic ‘Out of Africa' safari camp luxury. Styled to replicate the elegant hunting camps of such legendary ‘white hunters' as Denys Finch Hatton and Baron Bror Blixen, it is located adjacent to the famous western corridor of the Serengeti National Park - arena of the ‘Greatest Wildlife Show on Earth', the annual migration of over one million wildebeest.
Designed in typically Edwardian style, this exclusive camp features an elegant central meeting tent evocatively furnished with a tasteful selection of chintz-covered chaises longues, Persian rugs, antique escritoire, wind-up phonograms, leather-bound travelling cases, brass shooting sticks, carved rocking chairs, and stud-backed smoking chairs.
In keeping with the theme of colonial opulence, the elegant twin dining tents feature Edwardian-styled dining furniture, sprung floors, crisp-starched napery, delicate blue and white china and weighty silver accoutrements, whilst the staff are attired in classical colonial ‘mess' uniform of white Swahili robes.
The camp has just 25 widely-spaced luxury tents, raised on timber platforms, each with a glorious view of the plains. Each tent has a spacious furnished deck leading to a bedroom furnished in antique Edwardian style with steamer-trunks, writing desk, brass lamps, rugs, sepia photographs and four-poster bed with patchwork quilt. Each tent has its own personal valet.
The camp is located in Western Serengeti, 335 kms from Arusha.
By road: transfers by road from Arusha take approximately 8-10 hours.
By air: the camp is 15kms from Grumeti airstrip and 100km from the Seronera airstrip.
• Just 25 widely spaced luxury ensuite tents
• Each tent has its own ensuite bathroom with flushed WCs and showers
• Edwardian-styled lounge and bar
• Elegant tented dining tents with full silver service
• Gourmet 5-course lunches and dinners
• Fine wines
• Scenic safari bar with stone terrace
• Central fire-pit for evening sundowners
• Game drives daily
• Wedding planning and honeymoon venue
• Gift shop, business centre, WiFi
• Cultural dance and music
Ideally located on the famous Western Corridor
• All the members of ‘The Big Five’
• Action-packed game drives and safari programme
• A ringside seat at the annual migration of the wildebeest
• Unique birdlife
Book your stay at Kirawira Serena Camp
All Top Travel Reviews »
All User Reviews »