Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge
Standing high on the edge of a towering terracotta escarpment with panoramic views over the glittering alkaline waters of Lake Manyara, Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge offers a unique blend of tranquillity, wildlife discovery, and ornithological richness.
The unprecedented range of high-adventure sports, meanwhile, include mountain biking, canoeing and forest walks, while cultural choices include tours of the neighbouring villages and dance displays by the local Iraqw and sukuma people.
Grouped around a central ‘vanishing horizon' pool, this highly unusual lodge features a simple timbered reception area, built in traditional African style, which is accessed via a bridge over a small stream. Beyond reception, lies the central dining room, bar and veranda, below which lies the pool. Perched on the very edge of the cliffs, with stunning views over the lake is the pool bar and observation point. Dotted around the grounds, all with views over the lake, are a series of circular two-storey ‘rondavels', which house the rooms.
Designed to reflect the brilliance of Lake Manyara's unique birdlife, the architectural motif melds swooping avian curves with the gentle concentric patterns of traditional Maasai ‘Bomas' , while the vibrantly coloured wall frescoes depict the colourful intricacy of bird migratory patterns.
The Lodge is in Mto wa Mbu, Northern Tanzania, 130 kilometres from Arusha.
By road: transfers by road from Arusha take approximately 2 ½ hours.
By air: the airstrip is adjacent to the lodge and a ‘meet and greet' and transfer service is offered.
• A selection of ensuite rooms and suites
• Central dining room and bar
• Outside dining terrace
• Poolside bar
• Game drives daily
• Swimming pool and pool deck
• Bush dinner site within the grounds
• Tented conference room
• Wedding planning and honeymoon venue
• Gift shop, business centre, WiFi
• Satellite TV room
• Extensive selection of sports and activities
• Cultural dance and music
A daily selection of morning and afternoon game drives around the Lake
• Night game drives
• Canoeing safaris on the tranquil and beautiful waters of the Lake
Boating trips around the Lake and its ecosystem
• Visits to the villages of the Mbu Cultural Tourism Programme offering village walks (with lunch), bicycle tours and boating trips
High-action mountain biking around the Park and adjacent landscapes
• Day trips to nearby Ngorongoro Crater and Tarangire National Park
• Morning bird walks, wildlife talks, audio-visual presentations and talks on the heritage and traditions of the local tribes
Book your stay at Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge
All Top Travel Reviews »
All User Reviews »